EFFECTIVE DATE: May 5, 2021
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two types of information: Personal Information and Other Information. “Personal Information” is information that relates to you as an identifiable specific individual. “Other Information” is any information that cannot be tied back to you as a specific individual. Other Information is addressed below, under the heading “Other Information”.
We and our service providers may collect the following Personal Information:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone number;
- Email address; and
- Credit or debit card number.
WHERE WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
- Financial institutions (e.g. your credit card company or your bank);
- Credit reporting agencies (if you are applying for credit with us);
- Third party services providers;
- Marketing partners; or
- Marketing and advertising agencies and networks.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information about you:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, including to contact you if necessary;
- To process and fulfill your order, for example by confirming your order and your billing and shipping information, processing your payments, delivering your products and communicating with you regarding your order;
- To send to you important information regarding Haymaker, changes to our terms, conditions and policies and other administrative information;
- To send to you information by email, postal mail, telephone and other means about our products, services, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions;
- To help us improve the customer experience, including by learning more about your preferences to help personalize your experience with us;
- To operate a gift registry for which you are a registrant or co-registrant;
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through haymakercoffeeco.com (please note that, by using such functionality, you are agreeing that you have the right to provide to us your friend’s name and email address for such purpose);
- To analyze trends and statistics in connection with our businesses and Internet properties, including to measure the success of marketing campaigns and to compile statistics about usage and response rates;
- To protect the security or integrity of our businesses and Internet properties; and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or to limit the damages that we may sustain.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
We may disclose Your Personal Information to the following entities for the purposes associated with each entity as noted below:
- To our third-party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data storage, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and administration, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide services;
- To our subsidiaries and affiliated entities (collectively, our “Affiliates”) for marketing and other purposes;
- To selected third parties (“Promotional Partners”), to permit them to send to you marketing communications. Haymaker seeks to select as Promotional Partners only reputable companies that offer what we believe to be high-quality products and services;
- To third-party sponsors of contests, sweepstakes, and similar promotions;
- To third parties in connection with a gift registry for which you are a registrant or co-registrant;
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through haymakercoffeeco.com;
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (please note that any information and materials that you post or disclose through such services will become public information and may be available to visitors to haymakercoffeeco.com and to the general public; we urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on or through haymakercoffeeco.com);
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding); and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or that of you, our Affiliates, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Other Information” is any information that does not generally identify you as a specific individual, such as:
- Browser information;
- Server log files;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies;
- Physical location of your device;
- Demographic information and other non-personally identifiable information provided by you;
Sometimes “Other Information” is actually capable of being connected to you as a specific individual. If that is the case, then the information is not “Other Information” but is “Personal Information”, and will have the same kinds of protections as Personal Information.
HOW WE COLLECT OTHER INFORMATION
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected through most devices, such as your Media Access Control (“MAC”) address, device manufacturer and model, device identifier, screen resolution, and the type and version of your operating system and browser.
- Through server log files: An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that is automatically assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider (“ISP”) and is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the haymakercoffeeco.com, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the haymakercoffeeco.com.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) are small images that may be used by us and our service providers in connection with some pages of the haymakercoffeeco.com and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, render such pages to you on various hardware devices and operating system versions, track the actions of users and email recipients, measure the success of marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage and response rates. Pixel tags may collect information such as the pages, features, and links accessed by a user, and the IP address, browser type, and operating system of such user’s device.
- By aggregating information: We and our service providers may aggregate Personal Information collected from our customers and potential customers, for example by using Personal Information to calculate the percentage of such individuals who have a particular telephone area code. Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other customer or potential customer.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE OTHER INFORMATION
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your zip code with your name). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information while it is so combined.
THIRD PARTIES AND THIRD PARTY SITES
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION COLLECTION, USAGE, DISCLOSURE, OR OTHER PRIVACY PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, ANY THIRD-PARTY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM (SUCH AS FACEBOOK INC.), ANY THIRD PARTY MAKING AVAILABLE THE DEVICES OR OPERATING SYSTEMS FOR WHICH CERTAIN SITES OR SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE (SUCH AS APPLE INC. OR GOOGLE INC.), AND ANY THIRD PARTY OPERATING ANY SITE TO WHICH THE HAYMAKERCOFFEECO.COM CONTAINS A LINK. THE INCLUSION OF A LINK ON THE HAYMAKERCOFFEECO.COM DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT OF THE LINKED SITE BY US OR BY OUR AFFILIATES.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
We may use third-party advertising companies (such as GoogleAds) to serve ads when you visit haymakercoffeeco.com. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to Haymakercoffeeco.com to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to haymakercoffeeco.com, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. For example, we seek to use Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology for the placement of orders. Unfortunately, no data storage system or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please also be aware that we may use third-party cloud service providers that provide hosting, data storage, and other services pursuant to standard terms and conditions that may be non-negotiable; these service providers have informed us or the general public that they apply security measures they consider adequate for the protection of information within their system, or they have a general reputation for applying such measures.
Please exercise caution in submitting Personal Information via haymakercoffeeco.com, especially if you are accessing haymakercoffeeco.com using a WiFi hotspot or public network. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account that you might have with us has been compromised, or if you are unable to utilize our SSL technology in connection with haymakercoffeeco.com), please immediately notify us of the problem and place any orders with us over the telephone or in person, instead of using haymakercoffeeco.com. You may contact us in such circumstances in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: California's Civil Code section 1798.100 et seq. provides residents of California a number of rights as they relate to Personal Information. These are the “right to know”, the “right to delete”, and the “right to opt-out”.
- Right to Know. You may request Haymaker Coffee Company provide you the specific pieces of personal information that Haymaker has about you; categories of personal information we have collected about you; categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; categories of personal information that Haymaker sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you; categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information. Please note that much of the information you can make a request for is already contained in this Policy. Should you wish to exercise this right, please see the section below which explains how to do so. If you do not have an account with Haymaker, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request.
- Right to Delete. California law gives residents a limited right to request deletion of their Personal Information. However, this right is limited by a number of exceptions. If you would like to request deletion of Personal Information, please see the section below which explains how to do so. If you do not have an account with Haymaker, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request.
- Right to Opt-Out. Haymaker does not sell your Personal Information to third parties, therefore, there is no need for you to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information. However, we do share Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes and permit our marketing partners to collect data directly from you. You may choose to opt-out of the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by submitting a request in writing to Our contact address below.
- Designating an Authorized Agent. California law permits California residents to designate an agent to manage their rights under California law. If you would like to designate an agent to manage your privacy preferences, you may do so using the mechanisms noted below under “Exercising California Privacy Rights”. Note that if you do not have an account with Haymaker, we may ask for some Personal Information in order to verify your identity and your rights to the data subject to your request. We will also need sufficient Personal Information about your authorized agent to be able to identify him or her. As part of this process, you must have permission from your authorized agent to disclose their Personal Information to us for the purpose of acting as your agent.
- Non-discrimination. California law does not permit Haymaker to discriminate against you because you exercised any your rights under this title, including, but not limited to, by: denying you access to goods or services; charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; providing a different level or quality of goods or services; suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Exercising California privacy rights. If you are a California resident and would like to exercise your rights to opt-out of the sale of your information , you may do so by going to https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1. For all other exercise of your rights, you can email us at email@example.com. You may also contact us by using the contact particulars noted in the “Contact Us” section below.
USE OF HAYMAKERCOFFEECO.com BY MINORS
The haymakercoffeeco.com website is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through haymakercoffeeco.com.
Haymaker Coffee Company is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States.
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email messages to us.